Automatic Transmission Repairs in San Jose
We can repair your automatic transmission!
Since 1970, Allied Transmission has provided quality
automatic transmission repair in Santa Clara. Our transmission shop provides automatic repair to a complete
range of domestic and foreign vehicles, including front wheel and all-wheel
drive vehicles. Our team of mechanics and technicians are highly skilled
and qualified to take care of each transmission repair.
The majority of the vehicles sold in the United States for the past 60
years incorporate an automatic transmission. Automatic transmissions are
easy to use and handle the transitions between gears smoothly and efficiently,
creating a convenient and comfortable ride every time you sit behind the
wheel. At Allied Transmission, our transmission shop in San Jose offers
complete care for your automatic transmission, including car automatic
transmission repair, truck transmission repair and automatic transmission
rebuild services to ensure your transmission is perfectly matched to your
Common Automatic Transmission Problems
The performance and longevity of your car transmission depend on several
factors, including its original build quality, ongoing maintenance record,
and the performance you demand from it while driving. Knowing the signs
of the most common transmission problems means taking action to schedule
automatic transmission repair or transmission rebuild as soon as you notice an issue.
- When the transmission slips, your car will change gears for no reason.
This often affects the car’s power, making it feel underpowered
or sluggish when accelerating. You may also notice a whining noise or
a change in pitch from the engine.
- Transmission leaks allow fluid to escape, affecting the short- and long-term
performance of your transmission. A transmission leak will often leave
red or brown fluid beneath the engine when the car is parked for long
periods of time.
- Slow engagement of the transmission means that even after you shift between
gears, your vehicle takes time to respond. The most common sign of slow
engagement is a noticeable lag when shifting from “park” to
“drive,” causing your car to fail to move at first, even if
you can hear the engine revving.
Taking Care of Your Automatic Transmission
The best way to avoid extensive and frequent visits to your car transmission
repair shop is to take good care of your automatic transmission. If you
have questions about car and truck transmission repair near San Jose,
you can reach Allied Transmission by calling (408) 492-8980.
- Bring your car in for maintenance regularly and have your transmission
fluid changed at least once a year. Typically, transmission fluid changes
should occur every 15,000 miles.
- Learn how to check your transmission fluid levels and perform this task
every few months. If the fluid level is low or there appears to be a leak,
schedule transmission work as soon as possible.
- Always make sure your vehicle is stopped completely before switching between
gears, such as switching from “drive” to “park”
- As soon as you notice a chance in the sound or performance of your transmission,
schedule an inspection at your transmission shop. The sooner you address
transmission problems, the less overall damage they will cause.
Automatic transmission rebuilds normally include:
- Replacing gasket and rubber seal components
- Totally removing and disassembling transmission
- Replacing friction clutches
- Inspecting planetary gears, drums, and other components
- Diagnostic checks of electrical mechanisms
- Repair, reinstallation, and performance testing
At Allied Transmission, we are completely dedicated to your satisfaction.
We also offer preventative maintenance for your vehicle and we have financing
options available. If you choose us as your San Jose transmission shop,
we also offer free towing with your repairs and a shuttle to and from
your home. For a free estimate for a transmission service, call us at